Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

From Trash to Treasure



So here is a little project I finally completed. My friend Tracy gave me a few old frames that used to house some of her Riffle Medals (she had lots because she was AWESOME at it!) from when she would compete in shooting competitions. Well the frames were pretty gnarly looking and had that garage storage smell to em but I thought I could make it into something cool and decided to give it a shot. This is also my first attempt at making something like this so I had no idea what I was doing but as my mom has told me many times in my life, "If its dirty and smelly just take a Baby Wipe to it and that will spiffy it up in a jiff.", and that is just what I did!



About halfway into this project my DH came rushing up to me yelling WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!? Your supposed to take pictures and make a tutorial out of that! I pointed to my box full of these frames and said I have plenty to make one next time.

Oh I want to add a little review for the Basic Gray Rub Ons I used...how do I put it nicely...they sucked! I loved the design of them and the cool bling to go with them but they were hard to work with, the bling adhesive was funky kept falling off of the bling in the transfer so I had to use my own adhesive to stick them on, no biggie except for the ones that were able to stick eventually fell off leaving the adhesive behind. When I attempted to restick it wouldn't work so I had to pull off the adhesive carefully but this ment some of my design got ripped off with it :(.  This was not my first attempt at Rub Ons either so I knew how to put them on but these were just bad and I was very dissatisfied with the quality. I have like 4 more of these left to use and I cant say I'm looking forward to it.

What I used on this frame:
  • An Old Shadow boxish type frame
  • Paper: Kraft (Generic), Red Riding Hood Designer Paper (SU! Rich Regals Pad)
  • Rub Ons: Basic Grey with bling, around the frame was from a set I lost the cover for so dunno who made em.
  • Christmas Tree (Department 56)
  • Stickers (K&Co)
  • Ink: Early Espresso (SU!), Fired Brick and Frayed Burlap (Distress Ink TH)
Have a great day!



2 comments: