Here's my latest card featuring my favorite new thing...Cardboard! I hit the cardboard with a bunch of Distress Inks to give it a much warmer/worn look.
While making this I had a bit of a lapse in common logic...I forgot to open the card up before I ran it through my sewing machine, oops :). I ripped the seam and then just added the light blue to the inside of the card then re-sewed it into place to make it look like I did it on purpose. :D
I modified this tag from K&Co with a piece of scrap paper I had laying around. I must say I'm totally in love with this new (to me at least) heat embossing technique. I'm thinking I'll try to do a photo tutorial on it because its pretty cool, stay tuned for that.
Products I used on this card:
- Paper: White cardstock (walmart), Light Blue (DCWV Latte Matstack) Green (American Crafts: Earth Tone pack) Tag (K&Co)
- Stamps: Love (Kathy Davis for Inkadinkado), Le Jardin Botanique (Stampin Up), Frames with a Flourish(Stampin Up), French Foliage (Stampin Up) and Old Letter Writing (Hero Arts).
- Embossing Powder: UTEE (Ranger)
- Cardboard (from a toilet seat cover I bought)
- Ribbon (brand unknown)
- Inks: Walnut stain, Frayed Burlap, Crushed Olive, Fired Brick (Distress Ink), Bronze (ColorBox), Liquid Chalk Cat's Eye in Dark Brown (ColorBox).
- Boarder Scallop Punch (Stampin Up)
Thanks for looking,