Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Hello Sweetie Pie


My Mother-in-law had told me she thought my cards were pretty but usually their colors were too dark for her taste so I made this bright and vibrant card to make her smile.


I layered my background with soft shades and used a very very pale green pencil to color my pears. I've also been dying to try out one of these boarder frames from a Ephemera pack I got awhile back so I think this is the perfect use for that. Before I glued down the frame I measured where I wanted my heat embossed image first, I have to get some kind of dark vintage color in here somewhere otherwise it would feel like mine.



Things I used on this card:
  • Cardstock: White (brandless)
  • Flowers: Prima and Hero Arts
  • Bling: Unknown
  • Inks: Distress Ink (Frayed Burlap, Antique Linen), Color Box Cat's Eye in blue.
  • Stamps: Bird (Elements of Style SU), Pear Collage (Memory Box), Vintage Stamps (Liberty, London Post by Hero Arts), Lace detail ( Prima)
  • Ephemera Boarder and Expression from K & Co.
  • Embossing Powder in Bronze (Hampton Arts A La Mode-Basics)
  • Colored Pencils ( Prisma)
Thanks for looking,

1 comment:

  1. So darn fantastic!!!
    Anytime you can sneak in some polka dots..it's a good day!!
    Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Paper Issues!!
    =)

    ReplyDelete