Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

It's been a rough year...

Hi everyone, 


Today at 11am my husbands Babushka (Grandma) passed away. A week ago we took her to the hospital and my MIL and I have spent the whole week at the hospital with her but sadly today we lost her. She was a woman who inspired and touched everyone she came in contact with. 


Last summer we asked my MiL (Luba) and Babushka to move into our home. My DH and I felt that since Babushka was getting older it was time to Luba to quite her job and just focus on taking care of her mom full time so she could insure that her mother got the best care for however long God was willing to grant us with her. It was such a joy having both of them with it, one thing I loved the most about Babushka was how she would sing. Her voice was like that of a little bird, delicate, sweet and it would fill our house in the best sort of way that is hard to put into words. 


I'll be focusing on taking care of Luba for a bit so I might not be posting for the next couple of weeks.


Thank you all for your understanding,
Belinda

Babushka on Christmas Eve 1020, the day before her 89th birthday.
She watched after us while here but now she'll have to watch from Heaven until we meet again.
I'll love you, always.

2 comments:

  1. So very sorry to hear of your loss. May God lift you and yours up in this sad time.
    Hugs,
    Shirley G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belinda, i am so sorry for your loss. I haven't been checking your blog for a while so I didn't know about it. Wish you a comfort and strength to take care of your Luba. Hopefully see you soon.

    ReplyDelete