Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Grapevine Wreath for Spring and Summer

I've finally made my first wreath ever and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. It was pretty low on the cost scale since I got the Grapevine Wreath for free from a friend who didn't think she could put it to good use. I must say this thing was a bit intimidating at first (it actually lived in my crafting chest for about 4 months before I dared to touch it)because I had no clue what to do with it. One day I was at J's and came across these cute little Lavender bundles that were $1 so I thought maybe this would be cool. I hunted down those other picks which had a 40% off sign above, score right? Wrong, it turns out that discount marker was put in the wrong spot but luckily I had coupons so I still got em on sale. 
Don't you just hate it when that happens?  Personally I can't stand to pay retail, even when its tiny things like these too.

Typically something so asymmetric doesn't appeal to me
 but for whatever reason this does in a very nice way.

I used my Slice to cut out all the butterflies and gave them fake bodies with the help of some Stickles.

This was a fun little project to make so I think I might start making more of these for each season from now on.




I'm on a roll this week, maybe my mojo is back :D

No comments:

Post a Comment